A. Papers in Refereed Journals:
(*) Authors are listed alphabetically and contributed equally.
1) Libertad Gonzalez and Berkay Ozcan* ."The Risk of Divorce and Household Saving Behavior", Journal of Human Resources, 48 (2), 404-434.
Earlier Version: IZA Discussion Papers 3726
Media coverage: New York Times Economics Blog, October 2008 (see post).
2) Olivier Bargain, Libertad Gonzalez, Claire Keane and Berkay Ozcan*. “Female Labor Supply and Divorce: New Evidence from Ireland”, European Economic Review, Volume 56, Issue 8, November 2012, Pages 1675–1691.
The Daily Telegraph, 14/11/2012, p.13, Rosa Silverman (Print Version)
Daily Mail, 14/11/2012, p.33, Emine Simnaz (Print Version)
Mail Online UK, 13/11/2012, Damien Gayle (See Post)
MSN UK (Web), 13/11/2012, Unattributed (See Post)
Yahoo! UK and Ireland, 13/11/2012, Unattributed (See Post)Irish Independent, 13/11/2012 Unattributed (See Post)
Other international media coverage: in Italy (see post); in Croatia (see post); in India (see post).
3) Berkay Ozcan and Richard Breen “Marital Instability and Female Labor Supply” in Annual Review of Sociology, Volume 38: 463-481, August 2012.
4) Berkay Ozcan “Only the lonely? The Influence of Spouse on the Transition to Self-Employment" in Small Business Economics, Volume 37, Number 4, 465-492, November 2011.
5) Berkay Ozcan, Karl U. Mayer and Joerg Luedicke “The Impact of Unemployment on the Transition to Parenthood” in Demographic Research, Volume 23, Article 29 p.807-846, October 2010.
B. Book Chapters
1) Tim F. Liao, and Berkay Ozcan (2012) “Family Forms among First and Second Generation Immigrants in Metropolitan America, 1960-2009.” Chapter 11, in Immigrant Adaptation in Multi-Ethnic Societies: Canada, Taiwan, and the United States, edited by Eric Fong, Nora Chiang, and Nancy A. Denton. New York: Routledge.
C. Under Review & Working Papers
Berkay Ozcan and Tim F. Liao (2010) “Family form as Cultural Assimilation: Variations in Extended Households by Ethnicity and Immigration Generational Status”.
Vida Maralani and Berkay Ozcan (2010)* “The Demography of Wealth Inequality: Marriage, Fertility, and Black-White Differences in Wealth”
Signe Hald Andersen and Berkay Ozcan (2012)* “The Effect of Unemployment on Fertility”
Hande Inanc and Berkay Ozcan (2010) “Sector Expansion and Vertical Sex-Segregation in Academia”